Sunday, July 13, 2008

Wall-E

What a cute, funny, interesting little movie! M and I went to the late show the other night, and I was amazed to see a theater full of adults going to see an animated movie. Pixar has really built up a reputation for making "cartoons" into something worth seeing. Wall-E did not disappoint. The first half was mostly just there to be cute, but there were some good funny moments. However it was the second half that I found really entertaining. The most surprising part was the edge of social commentary about certain human tendencies. The credits at the end were almost worth the price of admission on their own. My only complaint about the experience was the fact that one robot was obviously made to look like an I-Mac. Ugh! I guess you would have to expect that from a bunch of Apple people.

No comments: