Wednesday, July 11, 2007

HOT!

No, no, no, I'm not talking about M (although he is pretty cute if I do say so). Just after I arrived in Oregon, I saw a thermometer that read 102 F. This is unreal. The maritime NW is not meant to have these kinds of temperatures. We are two digit kinds of people. When I pulled off the freeway, the car died at the first light. I turned off the air-conditioning, and it started again without any trouble. I drove the last hour with the windows down. It was hot, but the valley smells like sweet new-cut hay in July.

When I arrived at the shop it was far too hot to consider going in a metal building and turning on the curing oven. Therefore, we visited for several hours, had dinner, and only started printing around 10pm. By then the heat was much less, and we printed all the "bike" shirts in only a couple hours. Today we are doing several trips out to the fair site to get everything and everyone delivered. Most of us will camp out there tonight, and tomorrow we will get everything set up. Fingers crossed that there's no rain (or forest fires) with all that thunder and lightening.

1 comment:

SabraGirl said...

Who's taking care of poor kitty while you're gone? Let us know if you need someone to check in on her...