Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Misplaced Lavender

Normally, M and I are big fans of Tully's coffee (at least when we're choosing from the big chain stores), but sometimes they do disappoint. If you ask me, the Tully's flavor of the month plan is NOT a good one. This month is lavender which is an improvement over the previous flavors of banana and blueberry (banana coffee!?). However, they let me smell the "lavender" syrup, and I really could not detect any of the familiar aromas. A taste of a lavender/white chocolate mocha was quite disappointing as well. All in all, lavender should be left for baking and sachets.

In other lavender news, Martyr Stewart recently featured a lavender champaign cocktail in her magazine. The recipe consisted of pouring a glass of champaign and sticking in a stalk of lavender. Awfully simple and easy for someone like Martyr. Perhaps it's more about the smell?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After the first few sips, I felt like I was drinking soap... Yeugh!
:)
everymoment.