Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Unhappy Hair

We only have a few days left before the wedding, so I was happy to go and get my wedding hair trial done earlier this week. I went over to Seattle one morning with my mom and nieces, and arrived just a little early for my appointment at the Etherea Salon. From the moment I arrived there was trouble.

To start, the stylist seemed harried. He was very concerned about having enough time to get the hair done even though I warned them when I called that I have "challenging" hair. First he told me that he really only does one wedding "do" and that it was the best choice because it would stay put all day. Then he said that I would have to have my hair straightened if he was going to have any chance of putting it up in the time allowed. Then, as if all that weren't enough, he started to use the Aveda products on my hair.

I have never been a huge fan of Aveda products because of their smell, but some are worse than others. The Brilliant Oil is actually very nice. However, some of the products have a distinctive, unpleasant smell. I think it may be things that include Sap Moss, but I'm not completely sure. From the moment he sprayed this smell on my hair, I knew I was in trouble. After a day of smelling my own hair, I decided I couldn't go through my wedding smelling this way. Who wants to associate the day of their wedding with an awful smell?

Therefore, I did something kind of unusual for me. I jumped ship. I called another salon, made appointments with them, and cancelled our time at the smelly place. Now there is not enough time for another trial, so I'm placing all my faith in the new stylist. I guess I'm thinking almost anything would be better than what I had. Wish my hair luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You and your hair were gorgeous. Nothing to worry about after all!