Thursday, October 28, 2010

Monkey Feet

The other night, I was trying to put Delphinium to bed.  She has trouble going to sleep on her own (surprise, surprise) so I usually nurse her and rock her at bedtime.  This evening she was wearing a little sleeper printed with monkeys and the feet were monkey faces.  She looked so cute as I put her in her crib.  As I put her down, she started to shuffle and wake up a bit.  I covered her with blankets and then sat down in the rocker to see if she would sooth herself back to sleep.  For a while all was quiet, and I thought she might have have gone down on her own, but then I saw two monkey faces bobbing around above the level of the bumper.  She was wide awake and amusing herself by waving both feet in the air.  One of those sweet pictures I won't soon forget.

No comments: