Friday, June 17, 2011

No Working For Me

I just got the official call from the head office. There is no position available for me in the next school year. This should not be surprising given that I asked for a very specific type of part-time (two periods in the morning would mean NO childcare), but I still had hopes that the job might magically appear. The boss was really excited to be able to offer me a full-time spot at my old school, and then he was quite disappointed that I wasn't willing to take it. However, I just can't see my child in daycare, at least not yet. For her sake, I'm thrilled to stay home another year. For my sake I'm a little sad. I loved my job, and the thought of doing just under half the usual work sounded dreamy. Oh well, there are (hopefully!) many many more years in which I can teach. The baby is only small for such a short time, and next year will be good for both of us.

No comments: