Friday, June 01, 2012

Preschool Pick

It is official!  Delphinium has been accepted to preschool!  After all our searching and hunting for just the right fit, we were happy enough with a choice to put down money and an application.  We chose a school with a lovely natural setting, small class sizes, and a philosophy that seemed to work with ours.  Now I should feel this lovely sense of release right?  Instead I feel a mixture of sad and anxious.  I want her to go to school because I know she need socializing and play time that I won't be able to give her once the new baby comes.  Still, it's a very tough thought to imagine her away from me, and in the hands of strangers.  What if they aren't nice to her?  What if one of the other children is a pill?  There is just no way to know if you're making the right choice, but no amount of research or classroom visits is ever going to change that.

No comments: