Friday, July 21, 2006

Sea of Beads

Lacey Washington is just not a place where a person expects to land. However, if you join the air force or you really, really enjoy beading, you just might end up there. We went down last week so DW could revel in the beadiness of it all. Tucked away a few miles off the freeway is THE WORLD'S LARGEST BEAD STORE (or so they say). The title is well deserved; it is a massive warehouse JUST FULL of beads.

If you are standing in the doorway of the place, and you try to see the people on the other end, you would have trouble making them out. It is that huge. It contains beads from all over the world with all sorts of different qualities. Big, small, sparkly, shiny, matte, and ALL kinds of different shapes. I think I saw about 10 different varieties of banana beads alone. Don't all people need a necklace made of radishes and skulls? Perhaps you would rather a bracelet made of wiggly rubber beads?

M and I only spent a little time there before we headed off to the state park to kill time. DW was VERY happy with the selection, and doubly happy to find that much of it was on sale. She came away from the store with a sizable box of beads to sell in her store. Now I can say I've been to Lacey and I didn't even have to join the air force to do it.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Ooooh! I would love to visit the bead store! Sounds wonderful.