Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Gown!

I found a gown! I found a gown! After going on SEVEN gown hunting missions with my ever-patient mom, I found a gown that I really love. Okay, so it's not quite what I thought I wanted when I first went out, but it is beautiful and very wedding-y, if you know what I mean. Of course, I can't tell anything about it because M reads this blog. I keep telling him that it is pink and green polka dots with lots of frothy orange lace.

Now I still need to shop for a veil, shoes, and various other bits and pieces. The veil they wanted to sell me at the bridal salon cost more than the dress! It was a lovely veil, but MORE THAN THE DRESS! I don't know if I can cope. They also kept trying to give me a tiara every time I tried on a veil, and I just kept taking it off again. How many times do I have to say NO TIARAS! Who do you think I am? The princess of Andorra?! Why do brides feel the need to pretend at royalty? You're the bride for goodness sake! You are already the center of attention!

Polka dots and tiaras aside, it was fun searching for just the right gown. I am quite happy with the one I finally bought, and I am looking forward to wearing it when the time is right. Let the alterations begin!

No comments: