Thursday, June 25, 2009

College Anniversary

This month marks the tenth anniversary of my graduation from undergrad. I absolutely cannot believe that much time has passed since I wore the silly gown and followed my departmental placard across the commons. My impression of campus is still completely fresh in my mind, and I think I could go back and find any classroom in any of those old buildings. I definitely feel nostalgia for those years since college was one of the most satisfying times in my life.

No, I didn't spend it partying (I turned 21 two weeks AFTER graduation) it was the actual learning that was so much fun. Yes, yes, I know that sounds depressingly teachery of me, but it is the simple truth. I loved that time at the end of every term when the new schedule of classes would come out. I would run down to the bookstore to pick up a copy on the first day they were available. Paging through those smudgy, newsprint listings was nothing short of thrilling. What should I take next term? There was never enough time for it all. Granted, I may be romanticizing things just a teeny bit. After all, hours of homework every night is not something I can pretend to miss.

No comments: