Do women confuse you? Do you have trouble understanding why they do the things they do? Do you often struggle to see what it is that women want from you? Do you throw up your hands in disgust and walk away? Do you wish things could be different? Do you long for the day when your wife or girlfriend is actually happy to see you on a regular basis? Well now you can! All you need is the Superior Husband Program (SHP). This program, based on the many sterling qualities of my superior husband, is centered around ten simple rules:
1. When she talks, actually listen to what she says (try, always try, to take an interest!)
2. Respect her as a person (remember, she somehow got through childhood, adolescence, education, and perhaps even a job and independent living without your help!)
3. Don't try to fix every problem (sometimes she just wants you to offer comfort and support)
4. Show her that you are thinking about her (this does not have to cost a lot) when you are apart.
5. Be generous with your appreciation of the things she does for you (around the house for example) and stingy with your complaints
6. Do things together both old and new (and be brave about this)
7. Pitch in! (boy can you get a lot of credit for doing chores when it's least expected)
8. Tell the truth about what you are feeling and what you want out of life
9. Stand together (do any disagreeing in private)
10. Tell her that you love her in a multitude of ways (most women really don't get tired of this!)
You can laugh, if you like, at my naïveté, but it's all true. Nobody is perfect, and M is no exception. We both have our moments. However, he truly is a superior husband, and I am still quite thrilled to be his wife. Now I'd better post this quick before I get embarrassed and lose my nerve.