Monday, January 04, 2010

New Year's Resolutions 2010

In the past, I've made many new year's resolutions. Some of these have fallen by the wayside almost immediately, but others have had a lasting impact on me. I know they say you should stick with clear, measurable goals, but I find it's often the more intangible ones that work best for me. For example, last year I resolved to engage in less needless chatter at work, and I've really had great success with that one.

This year, I thought I'd look around for a little help to get inspired. Several articles offered the top ten most popular resolutions based on various polls and quizzes. If you think people are reporting these things truthfully, then:

Top Ten Most Popular Resolutions of 2010

1. Spend more time with family/friends
2. Get fit
3. Lose weight (I like that these are two separate goals)
4. Quit smoking
5. Cut drinking
6. Enjoy life more/be more appreciative of what we have
7. Get out of or manage debt
8. Learn something new
9. Help others/be a good citizen/volunteer
10. Get organized

Now not all these apply to or work for me. Some of these, like smoking, have never been on my plate, while others, like getting fit and cutting drinking are out because of my pregnancy. Nevertheless, I have shamelessly stolen the ones that I could, and replaced the ones that didn't work for me.

My New Year's Resolutions for 2010

1. Spend quality time with husband and baby
2. Remain active as much as possible before and after baby arrives
3. Eat healthy foods before and after baby
4. Wrap up school responsibilities in preparation for a year off
5. Drink plenty of water
6. Enjoy life more/be more appreciative of what we have
7. Cut spending on luxury items/dining out
8. Learn how to be a mom
9. Help others/be a good citizen/volunteer
10. Get organized

No comments: