Thursday, December 01, 2011

Din Tai Fung in Bellevue

I think I forgot to mention that I finally made it into Din Tai Fung, the new dumpling house in Bellevue.  Some people were very excited when this place opened because I guess it is part of a famous restaurant dynasty.  Given how jam packed it is most of the time, I don't think it's all just hype.  Finally, after about six misses, I managed to get in on a recent girls' night out.  We were most definitely not disappointed. 

From the cocktails to the appetizers and the salads to the main dishes, it was a very tasty experience.  There were many vegetarian options, and the other veggie girl and I happily shared several dishes.  The cucumber salad and spicy noodles were especially memorable.  The best part, by far, was the dumplings.  Taste and texture were beyond reproach (nothing doughy or greasy here), and I think I could have eaten about three or four dozen of them on my own. 

We had the chance to return just a few weeks later for another outstanding meal, and this time we had the baby along.  She was treated kindly by the staff, and we saw other children of all ages, so it seems like a decent family spot as well.  Prices were also fairly reasonable given the location.  We will certainly be back whenever we get the chance. 

No comments: