Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Counting It Up

Here's part of the to-do list for this week in numerical terms:


About a million--- The number of staples and pushpins to be removed from walls and boards

900--- The number of celebratory packaged cookies needing to be delivered to classrooms, by me, tomorrow during 4th period.

305--- The number of comment codes to be applied to student grade reports

240--- The number of textbooks to be inventoried and stored

105--- The number of grades to be reported

At least 100--- The number of times today I've told various kids to knock it off, pick it up, leave that alone, or stop touching him/her

72--- The number of computer parts needing to be bound, bagged, and stored in bins

65--- The number of goodbye cards I need to write to students

15--- The number of bookcases and shelves that must be fronted with butcher paper and taped shut to avoid getting industrial carpet cleaning soap on the books.

7--- The number of signatures I need on my check-out card before I can leave

31--- The number of teachers who need my signature (dept. chair) for summer check-out

2--- The number who have done this already

2--- The number of kids from my class who have already been excused (by the vice) from end of year festivities due to bad behavior

11--- The number of kid hours left in the school year

No comments: