Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Fun at Work

Hello and welcome to my personal pity party. Work sucks, can't say why (no kids are involved), and I'm feeling more than a little sorry for myself.

I have discovered the secret to professional success! First, you have to reach down deep inside yourself and find the place that cares. Some of you may remember this, it's the part that wants to work hard, make progress, be a force for positive change, and achieve professional satisfaction. You must find this part (however small and helpless it may have become) --- and beat it to death. This way you can put your head down, do the bare minimum (or a little less), and watch the years role by with the anonymous comfort of complete apathy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Took you this long to figure that out, eh? Life becomes a lot easier once you stop caring.

Anonymous said...

Never worked for me. Eventually I'm sure fighting back will burn me though.

Any chance of finding a new, different, work environment?

virtualkathy said...

Maybe it will be better after you've had a break over the summer?
(hug)

SabraGirl said...

Sometimes you have to turn into a 40%-er yourself for a while in order to deal with one :-(

Anonymous said...

why isn't chocolate part of professional success? it'd make the beatin' down more palatable.

hope work chirps up a bit. [hugs]