Friday, October 10, 2008

Quotable

This is the time of year when many Jewish people try to consider their faults and make progress toward amending them. What an excellent idea. I, like so many others, have plenty of character flaws both large and small, and I know they've caused me to make plenty of mistakes in the past year. Being quick to anger and slow to forgive is certainly one of my most difficult challenges. For this reason, this un-attributed quote printed in a magazine struck me as wise:

Anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

What a great quote!!

I'm slow to anger, but once I get there, I never, ever forgive. I guess a fault of mine is expecting the person to make the same mistake again or not improve their behavior. (sadly borne out in truth on 2 occasions at least).

(But it sure helps if the guilty party apologizes, which hardly ever seems to happen in my life!)