Monday, February 15, 2010

The Joy of Not Doing

This week our school is on vacation. I know that may seem odd for those who are not from around here, but some districts in Washington have a long tradition of taking a week off in February. Some say that this is the grayest part of the year, and so we take it off to go find sun. Others say that it's an attempt to burn out any stubborn flu bugs by keeping kids at home. Whatever the reason, I'm incredibly grateful that we have it this year. By the end of day on Friday, I was seriously dragging.

This week I am going to enjoy NOT getting up early. I will go to bed when I choose, NOT set an alarm, and then get up whenver I choose. I will NOT have laid out my clothes for the next day, and I will NOT go down to eat a pre-selected breakfast. Lunch will also come whenever I like, and I will NOT force down my food in 22 minutes. I will do no hall duty. I will NOT answer 47 questions an hour. I will NOT spend any time talking about indirect object pronouns or the copper shortage during the Sung dynasty. It's going to be great.

No comments: