Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Tasty Falafel Recipe

Okay, yes I admit that I do have an addiction to The Food Network. I watch cooking shows all the time, but I rarely actually make the recipes they depict. Partially this is due to the lack of vegetarian food, but also it's just plain old laziness. The other night, however, I decided to be brave (and energetic). We happened to have some open chickpeas in the refrigerator, so I thought I might do something with those. At first I checked recipes for Moroccan stews and such, but then I found the perfect one for baked falafel.


Ellie Krieger is one of my favorite TV chefs, and her recipe for falafels did not disappoint. They are light, crispy, and delicious without all the pools of oil you usually find. Two kinds of fresh herbs keep them moist even though they bake in the oven. Not only that, but they were truly easy to make as long as you have a food processor. I'm absolutely doing this recipe again, and I think it will be especially good on summer evenings when you have piles of perfect tomatoes to use as garnish.

1 comment:

Mark. said...

I can attest to hwo yummy these are! I didn't feelawful at all :)