Monday, December 13, 2010

Bad Parenting Part 1 of ?

Delphinium and I are sitting in the doctor's office waiting for her flu shot booster.  My baby is cheerful as ever.  Many other parents and kids are also waiting, and some have struck up conversations to pass the time.  A lady and her son decide to chat with us, and this is how it goes:

Lady:  Oh what a cute baby!

Me:  Thank you!

Lady: I love her hat!

Me: Thank you!

Lady:  She has the prettiest blue eyes!

Me:  Thank you!

Lady:  How old is she?

Me:  Thank you, er, nearly eight months.

Lady:  Is she sick?

Me:  No, we just need a flu booster.

Lady:  Has she been crying?

Me:  No, not recently.

Lady:  What's that on her eye then?

Me (turning the baby the face me, and then noticing that I did an incomplete cleaning job after her last meal):  Oh that would be the pears she smeared on herself for lunch.

Lady: Oh.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

giggle!