Wednesday, April 20, 2011

First Birthday

I can safely say that Delphinium had a wonderful time at her first birthday party. Yes it was crowded, yes there were SO many new presents to enjoy, and yes there was the new experience of CAKE (for the very first time) but that was all part of the fun. In all, I believe thirty-six people came to the party. Luckily for us, we had some wonderful helpers in Grandma, Mr. D., and The Nieces. I don't know how I could have finished tidying up and making the food without all that kind help. Then there was wonderful Auntie K. who made the most fabulous pink kitty cake! Oh it was beautiful! It was white cake with blueberry filling, and Delphinium first tasted the blueberries, and then laid her whole face in the cake in order appreciate it fully. I was very proud that she did not cry when the slice was gone.


The music that Mr. D. did for us was definitely a star attraction. He knows just how to connect with kids, and at one point Delphinium fussed and scrambled off my lap because she wanted to be closer to the music! I saw so many kids enjoying themselves, and I think some of the grown ups actually had a good time too. Bubble time in the backyard rounded out the activities. I think that a good time was had by all.

No comments: