Monday, April 25, 2011

The Cert Monster Part 4

*sings*  I did it! Oh I did it! Oh I did it!  Hooray!

Yes I have completed online class number two (of three) that I need to keep my certificate current.  This one consisted of reading the text on behavior management, taking a fifty question test, and then writing three essays.  Essay one was five pages about improving my classroom practices.  Essay two was five pages about the difference between consequences and punishment.  Essay three was  (no joke) about how my personal history impacts my interactions with students.  I only rolled my eyes during that last one, but I'm afraid I did roll them quite a lot. 

I've been using my time during Delphinium's naps to get the work done, and I don't think it's taken me too long to be finished.  Of course our house is not quite as clean as usual and the garden beds are just sitting there since I've had less them, but it will be worth it in the long run.  Now to send off my packet and register for the next course.  One day I will get to do other things again. 

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I rolled my eyes just reading the description of that personal impact one!

Glad you are almost done and can start doing fun things again! Like reading at bedtime.. aah. Almost done with this latest Austen fan book!