Thursday, November 16, 2006

I Love NY (but it smells)

Whew! We're back from a whirlwind trip to the East Coast! We packed as much as possible into four short days, but I still feel like I've only seen a tiny portion of it all. There is just so much to see on that one tiny island (we never left Manhattan). I feel like I spent the entire trip looking up at things with my mouth hanging open. We saw:

1. Times Square (all nice and sparkly)
2. Statue of Liberty (smaller than expected but still beautiful)
3. The subway (smelly)
4. Grand Central Station (incredible ceiling they have there)
5. The NYC public library (it makes you want to weep for joy)
6. The subway (very smelly at times)
7. Central Park (wonderful)
8. Canal Street (many things to buy but no room in my luggage)
9. The Farris Wheel at Toys 'R' Us (how fabulous is that?)
10. The subway (not only smelly, but also full of very glum-looking people)

We did not get to go to the Russian Tea Room or a Broadway show or to the Metropolitan Museum of Art or a number of other things, so we certainly need to go back sometime. Next time we will ride the subway SOME of the time, and we will occasionally save time by riding in an actual taxi. However, it was a great chance to get our feet wet and to hang out with the family. One more major American destination to check off the list!

No comments: