Monday, November 27, 2006

No Snow Day

The disappointment is as bitter as the weather here at school. The kids (and I) were teased by cold temperatures and snow falling thickly yesterday. Many of us thought that we would get at least a late start and maybe even another day off. Come 6am the truth came out that it had not snowed past about 10pm, and the roads were clear. School was on as usual. Now the temperature is hovering around freezing, the predictions are for more snow (60% chance the last time I looked), and all eyes are turned towards the windows. If youthful prayers and wishes have any power the snow will be falling any moment now. Personally I'm all for snow, but I would prefer if it would hold off until I get home because I already had on harrowing drive this morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

did you get to stay home today? sounds like most schools (including simeon's daycare) were closed.