Thursday, January 11, 2007

Snow! Beautiful Snow!

Okay, okay, I know I said I was worried about the days added to the end of the school year. With today off and tomorrow likely, that means we will be in school until July 1st. That is, without question, not cool. However, I must confess that when the snow started falling last night I was still ecstatic to see it.

We got a little over four inches here last night, and I went for a walk during the thickest showers. My little PNW brain is still amazed by falling snow. It's mesmerizing, and it's such a strange feeling to be in the middle of a downpour and still have it be completely silent. The neighborhood looked like a Currier and Ives picture with all the trees and yards covered in a white blanket.

Today the blanket remains and the temperature continues to stay low. The sun is beginning to come out though, so we may get a little bit of melting this afternoon. If the predictors are correct we will have lows in the teens tonight, so that beautiful snow may turn to ice by tomorrow. Perhaps I will break out the snowshoes before that happens!

No comments: