Tuesday, January 16, 2007

So Your Baby is Pale

This is post number one in my keyword analysis answers.

If your baby is pale often or all the time it seems to me that there are three likely causes:

A) (S)he is just naturally pale. Is (s)he by chance a redhead? Does pale skin run in your family? Are you living in a underground bunker by chance? Are you a family of naked mole rats?

B) (S)he is anemic. This means that (s)he does not have enough iron in her blood, or that (s)he is unable to process it properly.

C) (S)he has breathing problems. In this case the paleness would probably be on the blue end of the spectrum.

These are, of course, just guesses, and I am emphatically not a doctor. Perhaps you should go and see one instead of visiting my silly blog. I don't mean to be insensitive, but this is your baby we're talking about here.

No comments: