Thursday, January 24, 2008

Fitting

A few days ago I went for the first fitting on my wedding dress. There I was, standing on the little dais, with pins under my arms, pins at my bust, pins around the waist, pins on my bum, and pins at my ankles. It was wonderful to see how it will look once it's finished, and it was fun to chat with the seamstress, my mom, and my friend C who were kind enough to keep me company. Nevertheless, it was also a painful experience. First, because I kept forgetting about the pins, moving around, and scratching myself. Second, and much more painfully, because of the price at the end.

It is true that I got a great deal on that dress, but the cost of alterations has brought be nearly back to the original MSR. My mom has pointed out on several occasions that a significantly customized dress for that price is quite something, but I can't help smarting at least a little. Nevertheless (again) it really is going to be beautiful when it's finished. I want very much to describe the original dress and the alterations for the fashion/sewing inclined reader, but of course M would then have details he shouldn't. Suffice it to say that it is a classic type of dress, and soon it will suit just me in a dozen different ways. Also, the green polka dots and orange lace really compliment my complexion ;)

No comments: