Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy New Year 2008!

I hope the new year found each and every one of you warm and happy. Once again I trotted out the paper and pencil to make a list of new year's resolutions. Did I do last year's? Some of them. Do I have any more hope for this year? Who knows. However, I do think the process of reflecting on change is a good one. Also, this year I have decided to take a page from work and do more quantifiable goals. I'm hoping this will keep me a bit more honest. For good or ill, here's the list:

1. Get married--- once (hooray!)

2. Exercise for at least 30 minutes--- 3 times per week (or 5 would be great)

3. Say something friendly to someone who is not already a friend--- once per day

4. Try a new recipe--- once per week, and cook my own lunch (vs. frozen, canned, or otherwise prepared)--- twice per week

5. Read a non-fiction book on a new topic--- six times (or better yet, twelve) per year

6. Take dance lessons--- four to six per year

7. Tackle "thorny" (i.e. organize closets, sort papers, ironing) house chores--- once per week

8. Think carefully before responding at work (seconds in conversation, a few hours via email)

9. Rest on laurels less at work. One-on-one with each kid in Basic Block--- once per week

10. At work, if it doesn't NEED saying, don't say it--- always (this may be a good one for home too :P)

No comments: