Thursday, January 17, 2008

Resolution Follow Up

Now that we are more than two weeks into the new year, I think it is time for a resolution follow-up. One of the reasons so many people fail to keep their resolutions is because they simply forget about them. I have a copy on the refrigerator, and I'm keeping track here. Let's hope something works:

1. Get married--- I can't say I've actually done this yet, but we are making good progress

2. Exercise for at least 30 minutes--- I've been keeping up with the three times a week, but I haven't yet managed to go for five. Most gym visits are an hour long.

3. Say something friendly to someone who is not already a friend--- I've been doing this regularly.

4. Try a new recipe--- I did try a new recipe last week (a new kind of lentil soup) but I haven't done it since. I've been doing very well on making lunch instead of eating frozen.

5. Read a non-fiction book on a new topic--- Three down and three to go.

6. Take dance lessons--- We have not yet done this, but I did get info from our friend M.

7. Tackle "thorny" (i.e. organize closets, sort papers, ironing) house chores--- I'm, urm, still working on this one :P

8. Think carefully before responding at work (seconds in conversation, a few hours via email) --- So far so good.

9. Rest on laurels less at work. One-on-one with each kid in Basic Block--- Done

10. At work, if it doesn't NEED saying, don't say it--- I've been doing very well with this one, but then, I haven't really been tested yet.

No comments: