Monday, January 28, 2008

Snow Day!

There was nothing on the ground when we went to bed last night, but when I woke up at 2am the snow was already falling. By 5am there was a nice frosty blanket on the yard and the driveway. I checked the school news website, and sure enough, we were closed for the day. The call came just a few minutes later. I was surprised to see that it was not just us closed, but also several other surrounding districts. I rolled over in my cozy blankets and went back to sleep.

After waking at a leisurely 8am, I spent my day in the following pursuits: baking bread, going for a walk, reading my book, tidying the house, and playing video games. Oh what a life! Tonight there is supposed to be another round of snow, so I may get that day off too. Of course we will have to "pay back" these days in June, but right now I don't really care. Snow! Snow! Snow!

No comments: