Sunday, November 09, 2008

Obama Wasn't the Only One

While Barak Obama's victory was certainly the most exciting part about the election, there were a number of other positive results as well. Christine Gregoire is still governor of Washington. While I don't have any really wonderful associations with her, I don't find any faults with her work either. She certainly represents policy perspectives that are much more in line with my beliefs than those of Dino Rossi.

Also, in news that was nearly ignored by much of our state, Randy Dorn appears to have won the race for Superintendent of Public Instruction. I am really very excited about this victory. Like Obama, Dorn is taking charge at a time when it will be tough just to do business as normal. However, I'm really hoping he will make some progress on a few of the more annoying issues that face education in Washington State. Canning or reducing the WASL and the Pro Cert, for example, would actually be a way to SAVE money, and I think he should get to work on that one right away.

Thanks very much to those of you who supported Dorn!

No comments: