Thursday, December 01, 2005

Tiny Cold Crystals of Loveliness!


It snowed at school today. There was excitement, there was jubilation, there was dancing on the sports field. The kids were pretty happy too! I know, I know that is a terrible joke, but truthfully, I was excited right along with them. It really started to come down in ernest around 1pm, so I took my afternoon class outside to enjoy the first real snow of the year. Before we went out, I gave them a serious lecture about keeping quiet and being careful not to disturb any of the other classes. They all agreed very solomnly, and then we went outside and they forgot completely. There was running, screaming, throwing, and so on. In short, they forgot everything about being aloof teenagers and reverted to early childhood. It was pretty cute. I don't know what will happen tonight, but the snow today was definately a special treat.

No comments: