Friday, March 12, 2010

Baby Class #3: In Which I Burst Forth

Literally. This class was not overly exciting in most regards. We discussed different topics of interest to new parents such as childcare, breastfeeding, circumcision, etc. Everyone tried very hard to participate even though we are all strangers. Then we all sat on the floor and pretended to be in labor. I find it VERY hard not to laugh while we are playing pretend. M does not help in this area because he always makes faces at the most inopportune moments.

No, no, it was not exactly a thrilling class, but one event kept it from being too dull. At this stage of pregnancy, both babies and mommies tend to be growing at a rapid pace. This is true of several different aspects of the mommy and not just her belly. In this case, about an hour through the class, I noticed that my bra strap had simply given way under the, ahem, increased strain. I spent the second half of class trying not let any of the dangling bits escape from my clothing. Not exactly the best way to learn about breathing and focal points. Definitely time to go shopping.

No comments: