Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Baby Class #5: In Which We Face the Odds

This class was, for whatever reason, not nearly so irritating as the last. It was mostly focused on births that go differently from the way they've been planned, and we watched a video about C-Sections. Now given that 30% of all births in our area are done this way, it is hard to say that such a thing is exactly unexpected. Nevertheless, every couple in the room planned to do things the more old-fashioned way.

It's quite sobering to realize that five of the fifteen women in that room were likely to go through surgery in order to have their babies. As I've mentioned once or twice before, I'm trying to keep an open mind, so that if a C-Section does become necessary, I won't feel to concerned. I have noticed that the babies delivered by this method seem every bit as cute, lovable, and healthy as those who come the other way.

2 comments:

SabraGirl said...

Not to mention there are pros and cons to the recovery - I think in many ways I had an easier recovery from my c-section than many of my friends did from their non-surgical deliveries. Either way - end result == baby! :-)

Carrie said...

You can handle it no matter which way she arrives!