Thursday, March 11, 2010

February Food Challenge Reflection

Just a brief note on our February Food Challenge becuase I know you've all been on the very edge of your seats about that one. As you may remember, I was attempting to reduce the huge pile of food in our pantry by only purchasing non-pantry items such as milk and produce. I am happy to report that we did reduce the teetering collection by a good bit. We also managed to save a fair amount of money in the process since so many things were off limits. I think I may eve have learned a few things about not stocking up quite so much. The only failure in this experiment was the fact that we went on vacation for a week in February. This meant we didn't get through quite a much as I'd hoped. Next year maybe we'll give up processed foods for the whole of Lent and see where that gets us.

No comments: